Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Strategies & Techniques
- Get enough sleep the night before the exam.
- Eat moderately before exam - do not over eat.
- Do not drink the night before the exam.
- Avoid drinking caffeinated beverages that will lead you to go to the bathroom more.
- Stay hydrated - drink enough water.
- Make sure you are wearing appropriate attire to be comfortable in whatever room temperature.
- Remember to breathe deeply - relax!
- Bring all necessary materials to test - be prepared.
- Practice deep breathing exercises to handle your anxiety.
- Use positive visualization techniques.
- Make sure you arrive early on your testing day.
- Don't talk in the testing room before test - you will psych yourself out by talking to people who are more/less prepared than you.
- Practice and review material day before test.
- Make sure you focus and read directions carefully.
- Really read each question so you know exactly what is being asked of you.
- Make sure you budget your time appropriately for the test.
- Focus on yourself and don't look around at what others are doing.