Skip to Main Content
Strategies & Techniques
- Get enough sleep the night before the exam.
- Eat moderately before exam - do not over eat.
- Do not drink the night before the exam.
- Avoid drinking caffeinated beverages that will lead you to go to the bathroom more.
- Stay hydrated - drink enough water.
- Make sure you are wearing appropriate attire to be comfortable in whatever room temperature.
- Remember to breathe deeply - relax!
- Bring all necessary materials to test - be prepared.
- Practice deep breathing exercises to handle your anxiety.
- Use positive visualization techniques.
- Make sure you arrive early on your testing day.
- Don't talk in the testing room before test - you will psych yourself out by talking to people who are more/less prepared than you.
- Practice and review material day before test.
- Make sure you focus and read directions carefully.
- Really read each question so you know exactly what is being asked of you.
- Make sure you budget your time appropriately for the test.
- Focus on yourself and don't look around at what others are doing.